Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lazy days. Not

Hai people, I thought I'd just share my pain. Today I was on the more romantic of the confocal microscopes, Pascal. Pascal is also far more faithful than the faithless Meta - Meta is always letting people down, requiring *service* and just being complex and needy in general. How can I not love Pascal when not only is rose his representative colour on the booking system but also since he shares his name with the French philosopher and mathematician, Blaise Pascal, of such lines like Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point (The heart has its reasons, that reason does not know). Oh yes, Pascal is a charmer.

As we are both extremely busy beings, usually Pascal and I can only catch up on the weekends in mega-date mode. Mega-dates usually involves spending the entire day together from 10am to about 5pm. At those times, when it is just the two of us in the dark and I am enveloped in his laser-induced warmth, it is as if he is telling me Entre nous, et l'enfer ou le ciel, il n'y a que la vie entre deux, qui est la chose du monde la plus fragile. (Between us, and Hell or Heaven, there is only life between us, which is the most fragile thing in the world).

So it was much to my horror that someone else had claimed Pascal for this afternoon. I was totally shattered. With much gnashing of teeth, screaming and tears, I relented and agreed to take his time from 8am to 1pm. But my rage was not to be easily assuaged - I was going to work Pascal like I felt he owed me. 220 photos later, I was satisfied but felt hollow inside as the work was not completed. Work which could have been completed if we had another 4.5 hours. Alas, as with all romances, we had to part and he turned his attentions to another girl.

Can you guys tell that I've been on this machine too long? Too bad I'm going to follow it up with another session tomorrow. *sniff*

No comments: