Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Me + cosmetic surgery = alien

There have been times when I've been asked by people if I'd ever consider having cosmetic surgery. (I don't know why people ask me this - are they telling me I need it?!) Anyway, my answer has generally been a flat *no*. I believe your face helps people form part of their identity and the idea of waking up one day and not looking like myself would be weird. Hell, it's happened at times whenever I've lost weight! Maybe I'll feel differently about this when I'm older and my face changes again but I'm not displeased by my features and judging from my mum and various other relatives, I believe me and Pooey will age gracefully.

But for those who are kinda curious and not that great at Photoshop, there is now LiftMagic a site that allows you to have a peep at what you'd look like with surger
y. I think it works best if you're looking at the camera with a straight face (without all the muscle distortions and all) but even then, every time I've put a photo in, I come out looking like an alien!!! Okay, it's probably not helped by me setting it to *suggested max* but if I needed another reason not to have my face cut, this is it!

The little text at the bottom is a description of the *surgery* done. I'm somewhat amused by the recommendation that both of them put in a weight reduction of 33%. WHATEVER!!!

Hours of fun and yet another reason showing why cosmetic surgery is not the answer for body dysmorphia.

No comments: