Friday, July 18, 2008

On reviewing and reviews

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who reads this blog although I could probably list the names of you all without having to take off my shoes. Secondly, I really do enjoy the feedback I get here, particularly regarding the movie reviews. I'm opinionated enough to enjoy giving them and then arguing with people about why I am right or wrong.

Having said that, it has been brought to my attention that
a) I only seem to watch a particular genre of movies;
b) I am willing to excuse stupidity and regard it as a plus; and
c) I am therefore too lenient or not reviewing with an unbiased mind.

The main examples given to me were Indy 4 and 300.

People, I throw this out to the open. Do you believe this is so? Is it wrong for me to reward a filmmaker's recognition that their own work is dross? This is a blog with comments allowed and I'm happy to hear it all!

In other news, the review for El Orfanato/The Orphanage coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Mallymoodle,
I often look forward to reading your movie reviews and have yet to read one that I don't agree with. I don't think you are too generous and hope you continue with your detailed and enjoyable "how the heck does she remember that" reviews. Looking forward to your next review of "El orfanato".
Happy blogging.
Rachie :)