Thursday, July 24, 2008

Working soundtrack

Whenever I take Toshi home, I like to plonk myself on the coffee table and put the TV on while I work. My usual brand of poison are music videos. They don't require too much attention (a la shows like Dexter or Rome) and usually make pleasant background noise.

Well tonight I saw a music vid that gobsmacked me.
Yes, this is the new clip for the re-formed New Kids On The Block (NKOTB during their *tough phase*).

Somethings came to mind while I watched this.
1. It is equally amusing and horrifying to watch guys in their mid-to-late thirties doing boy band moves in boy band outfits - see the clip for Backstreet Boys' I Want It That Way and compare!
2. It is not amusing to see them with girls in bikinis who could be their daughters (the youngest Kid, Joe, is 35. I'm assuming the girls are 18).
3. I thought Jonathan Knight has quit showbiz. He sure looks awkward in the clip.
4. Euw, I don't care how *buff and rough* you might be now with your muscles and tattoos, KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON, DANNY!!!
5. That also applies to you, Joe
6. Oh hell, it applies to you all!
7. Lay off the botox, Jordan! Your face doesn't move properly!
8. The song is nothing special. I would rate Jesse McCartney's Leavin' over it.

I also see that Jason Mraz's I'm Yours is being released after how many years?

I still love it and I'll still date or marry any guy (err...within reason) who can sing this while holding a bunch of roses.
Is it wrong to stay I still prefer this version of the clip though?

1 comment:

NCK said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I totally feel you on the NKOTB bit.

Hell - I'm going to the concert anyway. :)