Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crisis averted, heart not broken.

I'm so glad Kaka isn't going to Man City. So glad. For those who weren't paying attention to this, Manchester City, now owned by the bazillionaire Abu Dhabi group offered 100 MILLION POUNDS to AC Milan to sell them the Brazilian, and they were allegedly offering Kaka a salary of 500,000 quid a week.

Yes, you read that right. Every fortnight, he would become a millionaire again and again and again and again...

Kaka is famously super religious - would he be like all the hypocritical Christians I know or would he prove me wrong? I didn't think he would but the part of me that understands human frailty could not cancel out the likelihood that he would go for the money. It's a lot of money.The Fans didn't want Kaka to go. Opposition players didn't want him to go. Fashion designers didn't want to go. Even hypocrites said he shouldn't go (although being hypocrites, this means little). Despite this, it totally looked like he was going to go. But the owner of Kaka indicated that he didn't want to sell. And so Kaka didn't go. Fans of Milan stood outside his apartment and gave him a serenade.

And life around the world continues...

4 comments:

Gina Villamelon said...

Kaka, we love you just as much as Jesus does, and thank you for not giving in to the devil. I knew you wouldn't let us down ♥

I'm not even going to comment on City's offer. We know my feelings on them...

Sarah said...

Yay Kaka! Jesus is now my friend.

Anonymous said...

The Aussie open should give you plenty of eye candy. It's sure as hell keeping me entertained!

Vanilla Bear said...

Hypocrites.. pssh

But yay Kaka stayed!!