Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Luck Charms

So given that divorce appears imminent, I decided it was only right that I give my hubby the right of reply.
Naturally, he wasn't happy to hear of my decision and took the information into the match.

Marat contemplates my news...

and takes it out on the ball.

The first set was a bit wobbly as he tried to digest the information before it turned to rage. Poor Guillermo Garcia-Lopez got demolished 7-5, 6-2, 6-2.

Match over, the news finally sank in and he had to wipe his face and didn't spend as much time celebrating as he normally would.

As he walked off in triumph,

he turned his face so I couldn't see his tears of misery.

The way in which he took the news greatly distresses me. I know we've had such a tumultuous relationship in the past but post-match we found out that in the next round, Marat would definitely be playing Roger Federer.

Mally, doushenka, why?! If we must part, please I need you in the crowd for when I must meet Raja. You are my good luck charm! Everytime you or Pooey have been there, I have been triumphant! Aus Open 2005, Wimbledon 2008, this year...if you must go, I beg that you give me this one last thing! Я тебя люблю!!!

Oh zver muzhik, how can I resist? Very well, I can't be there for the match vs.Federer, but the divorce is off (for now).
(Photos are either mine or getty's).

But anyway, I think it's great how much Marat is loved here and how he tries to return every year. To finish, here are some random Swedes with the giant stack of Henieken cups that they drank.

2 comments:

Venice said...

Poor Marat, but lucky you girl! I'd kill for that view! I believe you're the person I'm most insanely jealous of at this moment. It's summer where you are, you came this close to Marat and all these other hotties, and not to mention your awesomeness is unparalleled on the south side of the equator (you do realize I'll write the same to Blue, of course LOL)

Vanilla Bear said...

Aww I'm way behind on your blog! I can't believe I haven't already commented on this!

So cool that you got to see him so close in his last ever Oz Open, and also making up for the Kooyong disappointment! It looks so gorgeous in Australia atm, I am also jealous!