Monday, January 19, 2009

Greetings from Sandy Beach

So something really weird happened yesterday - I went to the beach! I'm a beach hater - the sand, the cold water, the getting brown, the kids, the having to wear a bikini in public and show off my baby pillow (that layer of fat on the lower abs to cushion babies)...we just don't work together.

But dancinghula wanted her going away party there so off we went to play beach cricket and make sandcastles. The water was a bit too cold and full of jellyfish to make anyone other than The Pom want to get into it.

The view. I'm pretty sure the water isn't normally this blue although it has been about 4 years since I went to a Melb beach.

Setting up the wickets.

Le Château de la Chinoise, or Empress Mally's Folly.

I didn't get too burned since I was wearing a shirt over the burn I acquired at the tennis. It was nice to just lie around and read some chick-lit. I wonder if it will be another four years before this happens again?

6 comments:

blank said...

This beach looks so nice, not too crowded, perfect water. Too bad about the jellyfish, but seriously I love the beach so much and I want to be there everyday so I am extremely jealous. Love your castle haha.

Venice said...

*takes a look out the window and starts sobbing at the sight of muddy snow and icicles killing people* why can't it be summer here as well?!

That beach looks so pretty - we don't get many sandy beaches here so they're always special to us.
I actually don't like the beach so much either - being a redhead the sun is my arch enemy, and the crowds, and yeah, body exposure too :-s

But I love the sea. I love swimming, once I get in, I don't go out for like an hour. And I always get so amazed at how the water transforms people, on land they may be weak, overweight or whatever, but the water just removes most limitation. Total freedom.

Cute castle, I'll send Sir Niko to buy it off. Or we can just hire you as the architect of our family nest :-D

Sarah said...

Agree with Ven about the evil enemy sun! I also don't like the sand getting in every nook and cranny and all stuck in your hair and stuff like that.

I do like the beach in small doses though, and the body exposure doesn't bother me because it means it's socially acceptable for boys to wear less clothing too!

senorita.blue said...

Oohh - that beach looks so quiet and pretty!
Oh gosh - jellyfish is scarier than a shark, imo.
Nice work on the castle too :D

Anonymous said...

Sandy beach as is Venus Bay/Tarwin Lower, South Gippy?

Vanilla Bear said...

Love the fortress!