Friday, January 02, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

Well lets outline what I'm going to try and do this year...

  • Take a leaf out of Kahuna's book and try to be more patient with people.
  • Having said that, it has been suggested to me that I should also cut loose some deadweight friends. I may also try to do that.
  • Reduce my drinking (again). I think last year was a sign that I'm getting too old for that stuff. The spirit is still willing, but forgetting to balance every alcoholic drink with a glass of water means that my flesh ends up weak.
  • My new sport of the year will be dancing. I don't know what type of dancing yet. but Suboo wants to take lessons in salsa. Bring it on!
  • Submit/Finish my PhD by September, and of course for old times' sake
  • Lose 5kg. I probably should amend that to about 2kg, but hey, I never do it anyway!
So here's to a successful year! *clinks champagne glass*

5 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

You could take up Argentinian tango ;; or.. maybe I should? Hehe

Good luck with your resolutions Cal, esp number 5!

Anonymous said...

Items 6 and 1 are incompatible. So you go to the gym to lose 5kg (where from who knows). There you are met with the hordes of pestulant New Year Resolvers mucking up the machines, getting in the way, not wiping down the machines and generally being annoying. You pause, fume, twitch and bludgeon a half dozen or so to death with a swiss ball (theres a challenge) and fail resolution 1.

mallymoodle said...

Pestilent

Anonymous said...

Damnit! That will teach me for reading online forums and absorbing the text mispellings.

Sarah said...

I agree with The Pom. You should never go to the gym until February at the earliest, when all the gym n00bs have given up on their resolutions.