Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dinner at Paris Go

To celebrate a number of birthdays of present and absent friends, as well as some mateys acquiring some real estate, we trundled on down to the old fave, Paris Go!

(Incidentally, Gnoudesavanes told me last year that the name 'Paris Go' was an aural pun on the French slang 'parigot', a derogatory way the rest of France refers to people from Paris! Kinda like how the French are called 'frogs' or 'cheese-eating surrender monkeys'.)

Because we all love Frenchie foodies, we bought a number of entrees to share!
Natty eyes off the assiette froid of Chicken Pate, Duck Terrine, and Smoked Ocean Trout, Mixed oysters, and two baskets of (Belgian, not French!) frites. Clint fiddles with his iPhone.

A close up of the leek tart and butter curls! Mmmmm

Despite all that deliciousness, I was too a hungry person to take a photo of my main before I tucked in. It was a grilled barramundi with a side of seasonal vegetables (eggplant and fennel) and seared scallops on a delightful puree of something delicious.

Believe it or not, I actually wavered as to whether I should have had dessert. I was quite full although not uncomfortably so but I thought, if I've had enough, I shouldn't have more...but then the guys all said they were having dessert so I decided to get the Tarte aux Pommes in order to avoid dessert envy.
Ooooh yeah!
And another meal was given a good home to live in :D

1 comment:

Vanilla Bear said...

That dessert looks seriously lush <3