Saturday, February 04, 2012

Dirty Dumplings Deutschland?

I don't think I'm being untruthful by saying that one of the best and most (in)famous places to eat in Melbs was Camy Shanghai dumpling, affectionately known as "Dirty Dumplings" or "DD for short. In fact, one of my favourite meals in Melbs was going out for dumplings, whether they be dim sum/yum cha, slightly less dirty xiao long baos at Hutong, or ordinary jiaozi from wherever. Little packets of joy...it's no wonder I've been missing them here :(

Well I have found a place that appears to make and sell homemade dumplings! Here! In Muenchen! Located close to where I used to live in the Univiertel again, it's a little shopfront not far away from the Kunstreal and given the prices of the dishes, a real student-y place!
My plate of dumplings - 12 for 5.20, I think. And served with vinegar!

Hmmm, the meat to veggie ratio still isn't quite what it is in Melbs but it'll do.

I don't know whether I'm simply becoming less picky with time but two particular things stood out to me - 1. I really liked the dumpling wrapper, and 2. They were definitely home made. How could I tell? Well the dumplings were of varying size, shape, and filling level. Some were bigger and plumper than others. Oh well. As the caption says, the filling itself had a higher veggie ratio than what I was used to but again, passable. It had a nice gingery flavour actually. I guess it warrants a return visit (and maybe I'll drag an Asian or an Aussie with me for cross referencing) because at the very least, it had baozi on the menu and I want to check if they're XLBs!

Also, I don't actually know if they're dirty though - I was using it for alliteration purposes ;)

No comments: