Thursday, February 23, 2012

seals, googlestreetview, and Parc Asterix

First of all, before he left, I showed Gnou Pooey's wedding dress and he gave it the 
French Seal of Approval! 

Then while me and Pooey were talking, she gave me the link to a blog that consists of interesting photos from googlestreeetview. We noticed that one of the pictures on the blog is actually Zeus from inside Parc Asterix! 

I thought to myself, how is this so?! They rode their googlebike through the amusement park? And so I headed to googlemaps myself to see what else showed up in the park. I worked my way through the park with great amusement! It was like reliving my 30th birthday :D. But this amusement soon turned to shock when I saw this...

Impedimenta and Vitalstatistix in the Village?! There are other characters walking around?!

Well okay, I can imagine that it's best not to have too many of the village characters walking around at the same time and we did get to see the two druids. But then my shock turned to anger as I navigated my way around the village. 

ASTERIX AND OBELIX WALKING FREE AND TALKING TO PANACEA?!

OMG, WE WERE RIPPED OFF!!!!


We decided it must have been a case of because we were there on a Sunday afternoon, they do it to stop the characters from getting mobbed by hoards of rampaging children. Clearly we need to return to the Village early in the morning on a weekday. 

1 comment:

Pooey said...

Ripped off big time. Hence, we need to go back to Parc Asterix.