Monday, February 20, 2012

Less-typically touristy German food

Usually when people come to visit, I take them to the Hofbrauhaus. It's totally touristy and features an Oompa band in lederhosen all year round. But since he'd already been there, I decided that for dinner, we'd go to a less touristy and possibly more authentic place to eat - the Weisses Brauhaus. Weissbier (wheat beer) is the speciality here and while you can get the usual Schweinehaxe und Halbhendl, we chose to get food that I'm guessing is less chosen by tourists.
My half litre helles stands by while Gnou poured his. 

Okay, obatzda is actually quite common but we both like it so had it for entree.

I can't remember what Gnou's dish was called but it was somewhat fittingly like boeuf bourgignon.

And I had pork liver with roast onions. Miam!

Both meals came with side salads and despite being quite full, we decided to also get apfelstrudel with vanilla ice cream. It was pretty good but Gnou decided he actually preferred the Hofbrauhaus version because the pastry is flakier. Tough call!

No comments: