Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More snow photos

For people who read this and who aren't on Stalkbook, it was sunny on the weekend so I decided to try and get some vitamin D. It's not often I look into the mirror and think *gee, you're pale!* but it has been done!
 Very uncomfortably making a snow angel.

 It was very uncomfortable because I wasn't wearing waterproof trousers and BY GOD! I could feel the cold through my jeans!


 Way back in July, I had purchased some tulip bulbs 

The fish fountain in Marienplatz was semi-frozen!

This archaeological/building site behind the Rathouse was completely frozen.

I walked from Marienplatz through the Hofgarten

Where I got to see the snowy lawns from many different angles

It was a bit of a tease actually. The cold was really winning the battle against the sun.

I then made my way to the Englischer Garten and watched the geese and ducks swim in the lake around the Japanisches Teehaus.

The lake was both impressively and disappointingly semi-frozen!

Some trees looking really snowy.

Continuing north, you can see how impressively snowy it was. It was also quite deep!

The hill up to the Monopteros was being used by some kids as a sledge run! At it's steepest, I'd estimate that it's about a 45 degree angle. 

I then climbed the Monopteros and got a nice view towards the city!
Climbing down was pretty hazardous though and I wished I had some cardboard and wasn't so chickenshit as to be able to slide down the hill. 
The Chinesischer Turm looking pretty. There was a gluhwein stall here and I decided to imbibe :D

While drinking I saw these poor horsies who were so cold they had to wear blankets!

I also saw this dog which had some natty dreads!

And then I headed west back towards Leopoldstr. 
And admired the gardens as the sun started to go down.

No comments: