Monday, February 27, 2006

Art masterpieces in jigsaw form

I received this jigsaw over 2 years ago from my ex and due to the negative feelings I had towards him I never started it. On Friday I was looking at the ones for sale in Myer when I realised "What am I doing buying one for $50 when I have a perfectly good 1000 piece jigsaw at home?"

And so I went home and spent the rest of the night working on it.

Then I worked on it on Saturday.

And again on Sunday when I happily completed it.

So! Now I present to you Michelangelo's The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel ceiling.


I could write a whole art historical analysis of this, commenting on the appearance of Adam vs. God, the angels, the ignudi, the acorns...but I won't cos I don't think you guys want to hear about it.

No comments: