Saturday, February 11, 2006

Friday night bendering

Last night I went bendering with Lydia, Cameron, and a whole bunch of other people at various points in the night. The theme was *Friday night, Asian night* and it went a little like this...

1. Me, Lydia and Cam at Shanghai Camy Dumpling for dinner consisting of 1 plate of steamed dumplings, 1 plate of fried dumplings, and hot chicken noodles. Man, that place has an awesome customer turnover, the customers no doubt prompted to go when the staff remove their plates - the ultimate hint to leave.

2. Manchuria for 2 vodka cranberry and a gin and tonic (cumulative standard drink count 3). I think there was a Deloitte afterworks drink going on because this place was the busiest I've ever seen it. I kinda like it when its less full (still got a booth, though) yet I understand that unless it gets more ppl in it probably won't last for long, dammit. Ran into Dee and Bo-mi here, then picked up a friend of Cam's who works for Deloitte (can't remember his name).

Before the next place, we detoured to while Cam's friend bought Hungry Jack's for his dinner (mmm, nutritious). I purchased some Breadtop Green Tea and Red Bean buns for later munching.

3. Double Happiness. Always crowded, we four managed to grab ourselves some seats plus another stool to serve as our drinks table. Here I ran into Ian, Justin, Shan and Francis who were also out on the town while Mandy and then Queenie joined up with us. I had a g&t, Lychee cocktail, tequila shot, Lychee martini and champagne (10). The staff should be aware by now, Cam broke all the shot glasses by sweeping them to the side so he could put down the champagne and bucket. Then, nice and mature friends that we are, me and Cam started flicking water from the champagne bucket at each other, until he took it to another level by throwing iceblocks at me. I took my revenge by throwing some blocks down his shirt hehehe....I then spent the rest of the night trying to avoid his retaliation.

Swung by KFC for some dinner for Queenie (poor girl works so hard)

4. Robot. Here we picked up Sampson, Lani and her bf, and Martin. Here I had a samidare and a vodka cran again (13). At this point, I was still a jovial drunk, but after a few minutes at

5. Golden Monkey, I had 1/2 a vodka and grenadine and was suddenly changed into an angry drunk. I'm therefore assuming that 13 standard drinks is my limit if you want to keep me happy, unless of course you'd prefer to be conversing with angry mally.

Truly a memorable night.

No comments: