Saturday, February 04, 2006

My Books

I have a lot. I go on a book binge approximately twice a year when Reader's Feast have their bi-annual 20% credit week, although sometimes if I catch one of Dymock's 20% off everything days I also tend to go a bit nuts then. This often results in my purchasing about $100 worth of books per shopping expedition or approximately 10-12 books per year, although I think 2005 was a bumper year where I bought about 15.

The books I buy generally fall into the following categories:
Art
Medical/Scientific interest
Romance fiction
Literature/General fiction
European History
*Buzz* books
and the occasional random topic purchase, normally a request from a sibling (e.g. Melvin Bragg's The Adventure of English).

This often means that some of the books I buy end up only partially or never read, but I can't stop buying more. Every six months, there's always more books that sound interesting that I want to have rather than wait and borrow from the library. My little luxury :-)

No comments: