Wednesday, February 15, 2006

St. Valentines Day

Ahh....Valentine's Day. Glory to those attached to a significant other, agony for lonely hearts. For my third Valentine in a row, I chose to host a small party for some of my other single friends whereby we sat around eating sweet things and watched dvds. I wanted to watch Kill Bill 1, but instead we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which, I think, was more fitting. Despite my previous skill at orchestrating hook-ups (hi Mandy & Jon!), there were none tonight, not that I was expecting anything to happen anyway.

It could have been a horrible day like last year where I was working in a florist delivering flowers, or awkward like the year before when I was negotiating a breakup (such convenient timing), today was comfy and nice. Thanks to those who came: Mandy for sending me a long-stemmed red rose - so romantic! - and Carmie for giving me a flower made out of chupa-chups! Cam for the great present of ice cream, and of course Roy, for taking the effort to drive a-a-a-a-a-all the way from your place to here.

No comments: