Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Ringin' in the New Year!

Happy New Year to y'all!!! After many years of filth, it was decided that this year was going to be all class. And when you think class and Melb, well the only answer is The Windsor, of course, and so we waved goodbye to the hottest day of the year surrounded by all it's Victorian grandeur.
Grand Staircase

Grand Piano in hallway

Our hallway

We were a little concerned that the hotel wouldn't allow us to host a party and also how large the suite would be - it was never stated in the room description. But our worries came to naught as the hotel were wonderfully obliging and our suite was absolutely huge and beautiful!!! Seriously, Natty, Dr. Ilaya-Kelly and I let out gasps of excitement as we investigated our Sir Winston Churchill suite!

Lounge room

Dining room

Absolutely HUGE king room

*Small* bedroom - which was bigger than some of the rooms I've slept in.

Using the old-skool desk

And so we carefully set ourselves up and let the night roll on!

The set up view one

The set up view two

The mantlepiece show

The boys celebrate the end of the year by watching TV...

And then dig into the booze

Our table setting gets ravaged

With QQ...

and Dr. I-K...

and Lydia

No comment

I swore that if it had not dropped beneath 30 degrees I would not be leaving our air-conditioned apartment but the appeal of going out to watch the fireworks proved too much and we rocked out into the 32 degree heat to watch them. Well, Dr Kelly and Laulita got lost on the way to Treasury Gardens and Natty went too hard too fast to leave the room. I didn't pack my camera with me so take my word for it that they were viewed.


Unfortunately the heat and drink got the best of me and when I had to change out of my boned dress and remove my contact lenses all bets were off and I had to crash around 3am. I didn't take a photo of the damage before we cleaned it up, but you can judge for yourself by viewing the garbage pile!

Natty and Dr. I-K put the Victorian furniture to use

The boys ring in the new year by watching TV

Special mentions of the party go to
  • Laulita who despite being the eldest there put us all to shame by being last one standing as well as having the least amount of sleep.
  • Kahuna who made the effort the other guys didn't make himself suit the surroundings
  • Sandro and Alain who took the party to another level.
A good night had by all. Who wants to start planning our upgrade to the Royal Suite next year?!

No comments: