Sunday, December 30, 2007

Year end highlights!

Around this time of year, people tend to write their top 10 lists. I won't be doing that because frankly there's too much. Don't you guys think I suffer enough from verbal diarrhoea?! I can't even pick my absolute favourite dessert. So here's just some short commentary on my supposed *Best Of...*. They may not represent the absolute best, just the memorable based on my commonly discussed topics.

Highlight event of the year:
The Great European Adventure 2007. At the end of Th
e Great European Adventure 2004/5, Cousin Linh said to me *You'll be back*, and three years later, so I was! For how wonderful it was, go read the month of September plus these entries. And then of course there was the Ilaya-Kelly wedding and the diet that went along with it. That's one even the lab won't forget too quickly, me cracking it at all an sundry made it a thing to fear. And being voted *best* by my peers. That made me pretty chuffed although I wonder how much of it was from bullying :P

Movie of the Year:
You know what? I just think it may be Enchanted! Bei
ng Asian, I usually don't pay to see movies twice (if at all) but I was convinced to pay to see two movies twice. The first movie was Transformers which I saw at a normal cinema and then followed it up by seeing it in all its IMAX glory. However, despite seeing Enchanted on Boxing Day...I must confess I saw it again last night. Rare is the movie that makes me want to see it twice in the space of two days! The Simpsons was definitely the most anticipated (and I don't care what other people say, I sure enjoyed it!) while HP5 was definitely the most disappointing.

Book of the Year:

Usually when people give me a book voucher as a present, I spend it right away. Not this year. Harry Potter 7 INSPIRED me to wait two months for a book! And then I stayed up until 3am to finish reading it so I could tell Pooey. And then I got many more months entertainment torturing her about what transpired in the story. Hehehehe.

Sport of the Year:
Pilates has made that line down the centre of my gut from wishful thinking to reality (on skinny days), but the sport that defined the year is Brazilian Jujutsu. Yes-siree. That's another thing the lab won't forget for a while. But I've decided to give it up now that the year is over - the injuries were just too much to bear :( So next year's sports ar
e a toss between rock-climbing and kendo!

I can't decide who is the year's best eye candy. It's just too
difficult! So instead I'm just going to list them:
Henry Cavill
(oh, Edward...)

Milo Ventimiglia
(thankfully the emo hair is gone)


Pasha Kovalev
(you have to watch the video, the girl being shown was his dance partner of the week, Sara von Guillen)
Monica Bellucci
(still the woman who could turn me)

Jensen Ackles
(Grand Empress, I disagree, Dean over Sam ANY DAY)

McDreamy & McSteamy
(doctors do not really look like this)

And of course, my lovely husband Marat Safin.
(Arrives in Melb on New Years Day!!!)

This will be my last entry for the year because tomorrow I will be setting up NYE Cocktail Party at the Windsor. I hope y'all have a wonderful blow-out NYE party and don't go home with too many strangers. *cough*

No comments: