Friday, April 02, 2010

Croissants - Day 1

Many, many moons ago, Miss Amandine sent me a book as a present. This book was the lifestyle guide, diet book, and NYT #1 best-seller extravaganza French Women Don't Get Fat. When I opened it, I did not take offense at the idea of someone sending me a diet book as a gift - I perused it for its lifestyle tips and ooohed over the recipes inside. One of the recipes was one for croissants that Mireille Guiliano (the author) claimed was *easy*. The catch? It takes three days. Hah! Needless to say, I never made them because I never had three days in row without work during the PhuD and Ma would probably have a heart attack watching me throw flour around the kitchen.

BUT NOW the PhuD is over (until the corrections get back). AND the Parental Units decided they were going to Sydney for the weekend. This means that I have the kitchen pretty much TO MYSELF!!! (Okay, I'm sharing it with the bros but I will cook and they will be happy.) And so this Easter, I will make CROISSANTS!!!

Alas, I will not post the recipe -I will post it if I think they worked, deliciously so. I will
hopefully be testing them on RachiePoo at Sunday lunchtime, and I'm sure she'll happily tell me if they were a waste of time and unsalted butter. Also, this is my first time ever cooking with yeast and I've heard many stories of it being fiddly so wish me luck!

No comments: