Thursday, April 22, 2010

Red lipstick

For a while, I have been looking for a F#@$ you red lipstick. Why? Well I figure it's a classic statement that makes one look made up with relatively little effort. I also think the combination of black hair, dark eyes, and red lippie looks hot. Just check out Monica Bellucci!

Today, Dr I-K (aka, The Informed Makeup Maven) and I went shopping for some red lipstick. We first hit one of our favourite brands - Chanel. Believe it or not, I own only two lipsticks, both of which come form the Chanel Aqualumiere range (Montego 70 and Java 49). We went straight to Chanel's Rouge Allure and Hydrabase racks and went nuts. We tried Lover (09), Passion, Audace...I can't remember the numbers or the other names...and I will say it looked as though I was a child who had been drinking red cordial and quickly rubbed my mouth to get rid of the evidence. Okay, that was probably more likely due to my application method. Slightly disheartened, I was pushed onto the Dior section.

Here, I was handed the Rouge Dior Replenishing Lip Colour in Red Premiere (752), the same shade worn by the lovely Monica up there. I put it on using my own substandard technique and figured I looked like The Joker. Dr. I-K begged to disagree, as did the saleswoman who then applied it much more thickly (and better). My mouth all waxy and covered, I said I would continue wearing it for the day to see how I felt with it.

Because my camera is broken (dammit!), this photo comes courtesy of Dr. I-K.

Okay, I'm not Monica (dammit). Thoughts?

Update: It's now about 4 hours after I put it on. I haven't eaten drunken anything since then and despite a little bit of bleeding, it seems to have held up alright. Hmmmm...

2 comments:

Rachie P said...

Not a big fan of that shade. Both C and I vote Nay! Needs to be redder!

Pooey said...

you look like a mainlander who got her first taste of lipstick