Friday, April 30, 2010

Student class dining reviews

I went to dinner at this old favourite on Wednesday night. As we enjoyed their moules aux champagne and various other courses, we reflected that while there are many in the blogosphere who review dining on the high end of the scale, there are few that review the middle ground or even the student class eateries.

This is not to say that Paris Go is student class - oh no, I still paid $55 at which some might baulk (hai Pooey!), and the service and decor are comfortable rather than snooty, or what one might call down right rude at high-end places, but its these shop front places of quiet repute that the population need to know about! The places of hype receive enough press as is.

What is the difference in quality and cost of various dumpling shops of Chinatown.
Who has the best 3am souvlaki? Which of the small Japanese hole in the walls have the best lunch time deals? Where can I get a reasonable plate of dirty pasta for under $15? These are questions for which we need to know the answers! And I shall (maybe) endeavour to find those answers!

Who's with me on this challenge?!?!

3 comments:

SuBoo said...

Oo I like to eat! :D

Pooey said...

Me!

Oh.. and I'm kinda over my $55 a head dinner. I've accepted that is normal-ish.

mallymoodle said...

Good! Cos it was close to a 3-course meal!

So where/how should be start?