Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Job hunters

This one goes out to all the my friends out there who have/are helping me try to find a full-time post-PhuD job. Things aren't too bad for me job-wise right now - well, it could be A LOT worse. I'm working casually or the equivalent of half-time (2.5 full days a week) doing a combination of technician/managerial work. But it's not a post-doc and it sure isn't in a place other than Melbourne.

And so I'd like to credit the following people:
RachiePoo - for looking for state govt. jobs
Miss Pooky - Sydney research institute advice
Female Lymbo - defence jobs advice!
Pierrot - making sure all my French coverletters are grammatically correct
Gnoudesavanes - looking for jobs for me in France!
The Pom - reading and giving feedback on covering letters and putting a good word in
Dr. I-K - CV checking
Laulita - jobs at the uni!

Despite this long list, I have a feeling there are people I've missed out. If I have missed you, feel free to add your name/s in the comments!

No comments: