Monday, November 07, 2011

der Föhn

This is going to be a bit of a sentimental post today. As cold as it has been getting here (and it has been getting pretty damn cold), Autumn in Munich when the sun is shining is downright beautiful, especially when the sun shines, the sky is blue, and lovers are out in force (okay, the last one is a bit awkward but seriously, lots of people randomly make out on the street here). This being Germany, there is a special word for this weather phenomenon - der Föhn, which is caused by our proximity to the Alps. Bless. 


The random days of warmth led me to walk around the Kunstreal on a Sunday morning when I  had a hangover but still managed to heroically drag myself to the gym. As I walked around the gardens, I admired the contrast of the changing colours on the trees with the deep blue sky and green lawns. *sigh* I've seen the colours change before but living now in a city with primarily deciduous trees, it's a glorious sight. So naturally I did what any Asian does. I whipped out my (phone) camera.







But I still can't wait for Winter to be over. 

No comments: