Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Kims Restaurant

One of the things that still angers me is my first apartment. I loved the location of my first apartment - it was downright brilliant and perfectly suited me in terms of where I worked, my social activities, everything. If only my flatmate weren't a stupid psychobitch. I'm much happier now with my new flatmate(s) and actually, the change in location isn't that much of a hassle because it's only 8 minutes down the same u-bahn line. 

But what annoys me now about having to leave Maxvorstadt is that my gym is close to my old apartment and I've found this Korean restaurant near the gym and it's really quite good! And I know because one night I checked it out with two fans of Korean food, Other Asian (Trung) and Swiss Chris, and Korean food virgin, Jul!

We started by ordering a number of entrees...I was both too Asian and not Asian enough by eating them before photos could be taken. What I recall us having was the Korean seafood pancake,  dumplings, spring rolls, and some potato starch noodles. The highlights were definitely the noodles and pancake - while not as large as what I was used to in Aus, they tasted just the same and I was mega-pleased!

For the mains,  
Galbi! Actually, I was kinda surprised they didn't keep the bone portion on but meh, I'm learning to roll with non-authentic food. 

Beef Bulgogi. This was actually kind of disappointing because it got overcooked :(

I can't remember the Korean name for this but it's that spicy marinated pork. This one was actually my favourite (along with the pancake and noodles) and I will happily eat it again and again!

And oh hooray, we got various types of kimchi as sides!

Afterwards, we actually got dessert consisting of bean-filled glutinous rice balls (a bit like mochi) and of course, battered fruit fitters. We were all pretty pleased with the meal - except for Other Asian; he wanted more rice - and said we'd come back. Swiss Chris said he wanted to come back and eat the dishes we didn't try. I joked that since the menu was hanging in a box outside the restaurant, he should take a photo and tick off the ones we'd eaten. 

He then looked as though he was seriously considering my suggestion...

1 comment:

Pooey said...

Was the kim chi free though? It's not in London - wtf.