Sunday, November 20, 2011

Takumi Ramen!!!

Sorry NippoNoodles but I think I have found THE BEST RAMEN in Munich! 


After a gym session, I dragged Chrish along with me to Takumi Ramen to help me with my Asian food hunt. This was actually a fortuitous decision because he told me he'd been to Japan twice and was bitterly, bitterly disappointed when upon returning to Melbs he found the ramen to be beneath the standard to which he'd grown accustomed. As he parked his bike outside of the kitchen window, we noted that the scent of the stock was nice and porky! This got me excited...


Then when we went inside, we were slightly disheartened by the number of people waiting for a table but on the other hand, a lot of people inside were not only Asian, they were Japanese. We then noticed that the bench by the kitchen was free and signalled to the serving guy that it was just the two of us, so like a pair of assholes, we bypassed everyone in the queue and sat down! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!


First up, our entrees!
Gyoza...well, they tasted like normal gyoza, really.

TAKOYAKI!!!! I miss these octopus balls so much!!! And they tasted JUST RIGHT!!!
Also, they were very hot. Like they should be

For our mains, Chrish got really excited when he saw Karaage chicken ramen was on the menu and settled for that. I wanted the Gomoku ramen (with seafood) but the waiter told me it was sold out so I *settled* for the miso special. But after he was gone, I realised there was a poster saying they were having a special Tan Tan Ramen which I've never heard of before but the description made it sound a bit like Dan Dan Mian so I'll have to come back later to eat more takoyaki and try that out!

My miso special with added soy egg. 

They were both served in giant noodle bowls and were so good, the broth was so delicate and flavoursome...the texture of the noodles, al dente...*wipes away tear* And because I have a giant Asian stomach, I finished off Chrish' food so I can say that both our meals were of a high standard. And making my way home through the cold, foggy, night air, a part of my heart was warmed by the knowledge that a good authentic noodle shop is always ready to feed me when I finish gym. 

2 comments:

Pooey said...

Nuffin beats a good bowl of ramen on a cold day. Num nums! Mmmm yummy hanjuku egg.

Lynnie said...

that looks soooooooo good! yummmm......now i am craving a bowl!