Monday, November 14, 2011

NippoNoodles

Believe it or not, I woke up EARLY on a Sunday morning for no particular reason. It was actually kinda annoying. But since I was up and not feeling the effects of a big night of gemuetlichkeit, I decided to go the gym. This meant that a couple of hours later, I was hankering for a post-gym workout meal. Walking back from the gym towards the closest Maccas (I know, I know), I came across NippoNoodles, a Japanese noodle bar. As I considered it, a waiter opened the door and said to me, "We're open." In I went!


First impressions...

Other than the presence of the mass to hold the cutlery, it looked all right! 

My green tea. Green.
Also, as I was waiting for my order of butaniku (pork) ramen, I noted that as more customers came in, they looked Asian and they sounded Japanese. That's a plus! 

My delicious looking ramen.


Now, I ordered *shoyu* (soy-based) ramen but I hope they mistook what I said for *shio* (seasalt-based) because the soup stock was really salty, much more than I've ever had anywhere else. I believe it's highly possible because I had to repeat my order a few times and I noted that some of their staff didn't actually speak German. Having said that, the noodles themselves were of a lovely texture - soft, yet chewy. I ate everything but the soup with glee!


As I was paying, my waiter asked me if I had a card. Errr no, I was paying in cash. But then he took out a loyalty card, placed a stamp on it, and said if I ate 4 more times, I'd get the 11th FREE!!! Looks like I'll be coming back then! Next time, I'll try miso based :D

No comments: