Thursday, January 02, 2014

New Year's Resolutions/Silvester Vorsaetzen

Resolution time! Let's start off by looking at last year's resolutions and see how they went.
1 & 2 Eat better and exercise more. Well, I think this has been achieved. Going back to Aus, people were telling me I was looking thin. Good, but thin. People have also been saying this to me in Munich so I guess it's not just that I've lost a few kgs since leaving Melbs.  3. Drink less. I'm not sure if I drank less, but I definitely spent less money on Bierfests in 2013 compared to 2012!

4. Save money. DONE! Maybe it was because I didn't do a cross-continental trip with my parents this year, but I managed to save more than double what I did last year!5. Be happier. DONE! 6. Do more cultural things. Does travel count as a cultural activity? But I'm pretty sure it was DONE!!!

So then the resolutions for 2014 are:
1. Be nicer to German people. Arriving back to Munich, I was so jetlagged that I left a piece of luggage on the S-bahn. Unbelievably, I got it back! In any other country or city, it would have been a write off! So, German people deserve more kindness from yours truly.
2. Be nicer to one colleague in particular. Those who know the story know that there is a colleague who drives me nuts. Admittedly, almost everyone else also has problems with this person so it's not just me, but I still think I should try to be patient. Anyway, it's not as if I HAVE to stick to the resolution so long as I try...
3. Speak more German, French, and Mandarin. Well, the first one is a given but the other two I used to speak to varying levels of fluency and I should try to maintain some sort of multilingual ability rather than let them die a painful/less death.
4. Get shredded. HAHAHAHAHAH. But really. Since I appear to be thin, I should probably put some bulk on. Marene, Amandine, Rachie and various people in Melbs noted how I no longer seem to have my guns. I should try to get them back.

So let's get 2014 on the road!

No comments: