Sunday, January 19, 2014

Raspberry and coconut pancakes.

For reasons that are unknown even to myself, I decided to make myself pancakes for dinner. They were pretty good, with the sourness of the berries cutting through the sweet of the pancake and golden syrup. It was a nice way for me to use some of the random ingredients I had in the freezer and cupboard.

Recipe makes about 12-15 pancakes, depending on how large you want them. I halved the recipe and ended up with 8 smallish ones because I was frying them 2 at a time in that pan (as you see in the photo).   
1.5 cups of milk
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup dessicated coconut
'handful' of frozen raspberries - quantity depends on how many you want!
butter for frying
golden syrup

Mix the milk, egg, and vanilla together in one bowl, and mix the dry ingredients into another. Make a well in the dry ingredients and whisk the milk mixture into the flour. Break the frozen raspberries into smaller pieces and stir through the batter. Fry the pancakes in butter, flipping them when bubbles form. Eat with golden syrup (or ice cream if you have some, I didn't).

No comments: