Sunday, April 17, 2005

Future life plan

Ordinarily, I would not consider myself ambitious. Despite my parents' most ardent wishes, I did not shoot for the sky and do medicine but chose instead nice and sedate arts/science. Instead of seeking to be a prize-winning student, I decided to work at a comfortable pace and achieve respectable grades. Now after 7 (yes, shocking isnt it?) years as an undergraduate, I have to make some big choices about my future.

Option 1 is that I follow my scientific bent and continue my studies into a Phd.
Option 2 is that I follow my scientific bent but instead work.
Option 3 is that I follow my arts bent and do...god knows what
Option 4 is that I dont work in any of my studied fields....and do god knows what.

So far I'm leaning towards options 1 and 2. possibly more 2 cos I want to get out and work. But if i do 1, I have the potential not only to earn more but to be able to move out of my field into something else. But I only want to do 1 if i can do it overseas, preferably in Cambridge, UK or Columbia in NY. And then somewhere I need to fit in marriage, kids (3), and pets.

I hear this makes me ambitious indeed :-P

No comments: