Tuesday, April 26, 2005

laundry

Doing my laundry is probably the only chore i really enjoy doing while I do it. There's something therapeutic about carefully sorting them into black or colour wash (I dont wash in hot water so I dont worry too much about colour running, and wash bright colours like red by themselves for the first few washes). And then carefully examining them for stains that need special attention. And the way they smell after washing and drying. I love the smell and feel of fresh, clean laundry. I wear a lot of cotton.

The happiness I get from doing laundry isnt the same as when you clean the bathroom. I mean, there's a lot of satisfaction in seeing a shower cubicle shining...but the actual cleaning of it, unless you get off on the fumes of the cleaner (I use domestos)...its not the same

No comments: