Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger

From their absolutely awesome second album, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?, Oasis presented the world with one of the best rock (and group karaoke) songs ever, Don't Look Back In Anger. The song is notable for being the first song sung by Noel Gallagher rather than the usual lead vocalist, his brother Liam, and references John Lennon by using the opening chords from Imagine, and the lyrics "trying to start a revolution from me bed, because they said the brains I had went to my head" apparently quotes Lennon.

It is equal parts melancholic and uplifting - the chorus being especially catchy with long notes that aren't particularly challenging to sing. I'm not going to do an in depth analysis of what the song means, its key, etc., because I know that all you need to do is hear it to know what I'm talking about when I say that it's fantastic. It's a great song to be drunkenly sway along to, preferably arms linked with other ppl, and sung at the top of your lungs. I'm going to karaoke this coming Friday and I fully intend on singing it!!!

No comments: