Thursday, May 18, 2006

Open Letter

To Pink jacket/Green cargo pants on the 8:15am from Alphington,

I don't know who you think you are, but that was a really packed train around you. I mean sure, its not everyday that a primary school decides to take their students for an excursion to Richmond, but that train still regularly has people crowding around the doorways for lack of seats. This then brings up my issue with you - why did you feel your bag was more worthy of a seat than any of your fellow commuters? This is not a personal complaint - I managed to get a seat for myself and my 2 bags, so it was not as if I was standing there for the entire trip flashing you dirty looks. However, out of consideration for everyone else, I carried by bags on my lap. On the other hand, you saw fit to put your bag on a seat and spend the trip completing some personal grooming (it didn't work). I guess this means you were not paying attention to the rules that govern public transport behaviour, in fact, are you one of those people who stand on the *walking* side of the escalator or block the exits on trams? I had considered breaking out of my morning torpor to take your bag's seat and free up my former seat for other people, but then I remembered karma. Karmic retribution is not mine to deal out; one day the cosmos will visit this situation back and here's to hoping you will learn.

Regards,
Trench coat and Burberry.

No comments: