Monday, May 01, 2006

Opinions

You know, sometimes I think I should make this blog more topical. I feel that I should discuss things such as the rise of fundamentalism and absolutist policies in the world and its implications. As a scientist, I should analyse the debate between Creationism/Intelligent Design and Evolution. I should rail against the injustices present in the world. I should debate politics or discuss more abstract topics other than my thesis.

I started writing a piece on the apparent paradox that is the prejudice against Christianity in the mass media (other than Fox News), despite the fact that it seems the number of worshippers who identify themselves as Christian are increasing - you know, something juicy to get people worked up. But then I started feeling depressed about all the dividing lines that put someone as either *this* or *that*. Seriously everyone, what people are or aren't shouldn't be the issue, its what they do and why they do it. To quote that absolute fount of wisdom, Homer Simpson, "Let's stop the fussin' and the feudin' and get down to the lovin'." Perhaps this is overly simplistic, but I did do a personality test that said I was a *dynamic visionary*. People, follow my lead!

Really, the world is a great place and life is beautiful. Enjoy it.
Next entry, I will talk about the wonder and simplicity that are eggs and how great egg-based meals are.

No comments: