Sunday, March 11, 2007

At uni on a Sunday morning :(

I'm just procrastinating right now - I should be starting up an immuno, one to finish today, one to finish tomorrow...but after spending my first hour here looking after the ratties, I just want a rest.

As a rundown of what I've been up to these past few days; it has involved a lot of going out, being out, but not drinking much. Yay, I've managed to stick to my resolution (so far) :).

Thursday night, Jess is back in town for a fortnight and so a bunch of us girls met up at Madame Brussels for drinkies and then off to ajisen ramen for dins. I had *omurice* which looked intriguing on the menu - it turned out to be tomato fried rice rolled up in an omelette with more tomato sauce. It was actually quite tasty.

Friday, after making it to work drinks and then walking everyone down to PA's, it was off to Docklands for dinner with Nance, Marcus, Rachie and Clint at Berth. I had the marinara - also tasty! I had a chilling preview of my life to come as the conversation had a lot to do with marriage and children *brrrr*! Things then took a different turn as Jess had expressed her wish on Thurs that we go back to Lavish "for old time's sake". Seeing as I was in the general vicinity, I decided that honouring her wish wouldn't be too onerous...well...no more than usual to get into Lavish. It was as I have always remembered it - the crowd was young, the place was too full, police were present at some point in time, my feet started hurting, and we finished the night with kebabs!

I was meant to have my first Brazillian jujutsu lesson with James at uni the next morning, but he had a tire puncture so I got to sleep in! I later rocked up about an hour late for the BBQ to say goodbye to Marta who has finished her term with us and is flying back tonight :(. But seeing as it was her last night, we decided to have one last go, and so after a few hours for a refractory period, we ended up at CQ until the wee hours of the morning.

Hence, my need to procrastinate - I'm just worn out from the last few days.

No comments: