Sunday, March 11, 2007

R.I.P. Fishy I

About a year or so ago, Mum came home with a pair of goldfish. She couldn't explain her seemingly random act and we kids didn't question it too much. The fish lived in their little bowl in the lounge room and the world kept turning.

I sadly report that one of them died today. For a pair of fish whom we never even really bothered to name, I was quite horrified when Spuey informed me that one of the fish died. In an act Spuey described as being illustrative of the somewhat haphazard way we grew up, Mum couldn't remember the last time she changed their water and apparently Fishy I either died in the putrid water or died while it was being changed. Either way, Fishy II is now the only inhabitant of the bowl.


Rest in peace, Fishy I. Enjoy your time in the big pond in the sky!

2 comments:

Pooey said...

mooey, wat u talking about? the fish had names!!! one was named 'frances' and one was 'alice' (teochew names of course)

mallymoodle said...

yeah but can you say anyone ever called them that, pooey!?