Saturday, August 25, 2007

Goodbye drinks!

Despite being away for only a month, I was talked into having my own goodbye party. It was in the former premises of CC's karaoke bar, and might I say, it's one hell of a decor improvement! CC's was all cracked vinyl, sticky carpets, shady characters with shocking voices, and the occasional bar fights. Well it has changed! Now, it's sexy! I wish I was smart enough to bring a camera to document my night and everyone who came...but I'm not. So go see Dancing Hula's entry for some pics of the ACBers.

Anyway, drinks technically started at after seminar drinks where much hoo-hah was given as to whether I would break my drinks limit of four (not 3). Seeing as it was a special occasion, I cracked open the port and had a glass of that. I thought everything would follow the usual plan - we drink for a while, followed by PAs for food, and then making it down to the bar. Unforch, it didn't quite turn out like that and we didn't manage to start scrambling down until half past six.

I had been told that for choosing their fine establishment for my farewell, I would receive a bottle of champagne. There was a bit of confusion (I didn't book the place and didn't know which name it was under) and said bottle did not appear, but after some intervening, it did come and it was a nice fruity one! As more and more people arrived, the cocktail list became increasingly pillaged and I slowly built up a line of cocktails that needed to be sunk, interspersed with cranny juice that Clinty kindly purchased contrary to everyone else (thanks dude!).

Eventually ACB decided to either go home or CQ/Lexington for dancing or pick ups, but I hung on at Chi before eventually going to Golden Monkey for even more drinks with Queenie and some randoms before getting home around 3am. Instead of going straight to bed, I made myself some food because I was bloody starving! So did I manage to break the drinks limit? Yes I did - I had seven, four of which were cocktails. I'm not gonna try and figure out how many drinks that really works out into.

Anyway, it was good to catch up with everyone before I head off.
(Well, except for Tina who is now in my bad books)

No comments: