Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Epic Journey Home - Leg 4, Sydney

Why was I going to Sydney instead of Melbs, you ask? Because Mademoiselle Amandine was becoming Madame Amandine! Yes, she and Mr J were finally tying the knot!


The gloriously happy couple!



The wedding also allowed me to catch up with old friends like Lydia

And make new friends, like Lydia's latest project, Harry!


Duckface sistas


Ahhh Sydney, you so purdy. And a great view for the two to start their lives together!

But it wasn't a case of me just going to Sydney alone - Pooey and Ma actually flew up and we met with each other at the airport before going to the fish market together. Apparently I didn't document this and the glorious sushi we had, probably because I was jetlagged - Pooey actually said I looked like shit and I'll admit after seeing myself in a mirror, I agreed that I'd looked better. The point is, apart from all the wedding hullaballoo, I spent some quality Mama-Daughter time as well as catching up with various Sydney frens!

Allianz crew reunion! Sad noises all round that another person is heading to Munich this year but I won't be there to be their friend. Not pictured is Johannes who went to the loo and was then badly sunburned :/


Optom reunion! All of us stylishly protecting our vision!


We met at Opera bar and had these lovely cheese and charcuterie platters and fries and a few jugs of punch.


Rachi demonstrates how to take a food blogger-quality photo! 94 instagram lives and counting!

After lunch, me, Pooey and Rachi did a nice touristy walk to Potts Point. 

The view here is okay. 


The view here from the Botanical Gardens is also not bad.


And this of the McElhone stairs isn't too shabby either.

But next stop, home to Melbs!!!

No comments: