Saturday, January 16, 2016

Epic Journey Home - Random night out

The great thing about not crazily scheduling my time is that when something I didn't expect was going to happen happened, I was free for it! So when Jess arrived from Perth for the weekend, Pooey and I collected her from el aeropuerto and headed off to dinner!

Pooey chose +39. When I got there, I realised I'd eaten there many years ago! She chose it because of the way they present their antipasti like a clothesline. Also, check out her dress!

We got the special pizza because it had lobster on it and were impressed by the presentation.
We were however disappointed to find that that lobster tail was EMPTY!!!

We were sweating like pigs in the restaurant - it was nighttime but still 30C. So we did what lots of people were doing...
We walked down to Fed Square to see the Lego Santa! As a scale, the tree was about 3m tall, so Santa was at least a 1.5m.

Oh so purdy.

Since it was so hot, we went to N2 to get some liquid nitrogen gelato. I'll admit to being disappointed with mine. I had the green tea one and there was too much green tea it it - it was quite bitter. Pooey's was much better - watermelon for next time!

No comments: