Friday, January 15, 2016

Epic Journey Home - More Melbourne

I decided to not schedule the hell out of my time home for this visit, partly because it's the time of year that you know people are extremely busy (or already gone) and partly because I do so many things that I end up needing a vacation after my vacation. The problem with this kind of thinking is that people aren't there when you decide to surprise visit them. This happened when I dropped into the old department. Luckily I ran into enough people from before that they invited me to the Departmental Xmas Party that was being held that week. I protested that I  hadn't been a member of the department in over 5 years and it was being held in a security-restricted area. I was assured that I people would be happy to see me and that there would be someone who would definitely let me. 

And there was and so we had a great reunion!

Old crew!!!


Dr Papa G actually also managed to talk about WORK during our catch up!?!


Always nice to see Dr. Wallace again!


Old friends and new friends!

And I did feel welcome - it was as though every time I went to get a new drink or cake, someone came up to say hi and I ended up forgetting my drink or food..or the last person I was talking to. In try ACB style, I think I ended up drinking the equivalent of a bottle of wine and playing beer pong. Good times, people, and rock on!

No comments: