Monday, December 15, 2008

Eau de vie

It is with much pleasure that I read we have apparently received our average rainfall for the month in the past two days :D. The rain apparently started sometime around Friday lunchtime (I say apparently because I was sleeping - lazy me) continued throughout Saturday, and ended sometime Sunday morning.

It's been great - the soothing sound of rainfall on glass, the joy of knowing that things will look green in about a week's time, and wonderful weather for lying around the house watching Bollywood movies with friends while chomping away on Abrez's homemade curry - which is what Kate, Mischka, Yetapee, Dominic, Abrez and myself did on Saturday afternoon. And the really great thing is that although it's been raining, it hasn't been that cold! The temp has been around the mid-high teens, meaning I was able to walk around in a dress and high heels on Friday for the Dept Xmas party without getting frozen, and it's not warm enough to turn into humidity town.

The downside is that walking in the rain and mud in my high heels on Friday night has probably wrecked my lovely shoes :(. Dave took a photo of me cleaning my feet and shoes in a 711 after we trudged from the Docklands to Flinders St. And then driving around on Saturday was pretty hazardous. Getting home, some trees had be brought down on the freeway and visibility was pretty poor and not helped by certain drivers not turning on their lights. But shoes can (probably) be fixed and my driving ability got me through to bring on more rain!

5 comments:

Vanilla Bear said...

Aww no poor shooooes! :O

'Summer rain... makes me feel hiiiiigh!' Hmm I can't remember the rest of that song lol

And see, I am still commenting! :P Btw, why didn't the peaches pics get their own post?

Sarah said...

Oh no, I hate when the rain does that! It's ruined a few of my shoes. :(

mallymoodle said...

Lucy! I'm saving the jiggling peaches for my yearly round-up entry!

And I feel your pain, Sarah. I'm just glad i decided to wear leather shoes and not satin :(

Anonymous said...

Sob sob for your pretty shoes Miss Mally. I hope you can save them.. I also chose to wear my new suede stilletos to work on Friday. Even though I scotch guarded them they still got a bit mucky. Sigh sigh!

senorita.blue said...

Oh no! Your Nine West white / black pretty heels!
Glad they could be fixed :D