Sunday, March 06, 2011

International Food Challenge.

A while ago, Pooey and I were discussing her dinner options in Radelaide. I made the comment that every country I'd ever had McDonalds in (Aus, UK, France, Italy, Germany, US) has tasted always the same. This then brought up the question - does KFC also taste the same? Pooey confirmed that while the chicken tasted the same in the UK, the lack of chicken salt made their chips substandard. She then set me a challenge - find out if KFC is the same in Germany as it is in Aus!


We then investigated where I could get KFC in Munich. Apparently KFC has only been in Munich since 2005 and there are only 3 outlets?!? I decided that the most convenient one I should visit would be the Bayerstr. location, between the Hauptbahnhof and Stachus. I happened to be in the vicinity of Stachus today so I decided to drop in and get some Wicked Wings (aka Hot Wings here).

Never received my wings in a bag before. 
Also, the minimum number of wings I could buy a time was 6. Lucky I was hungry.
  
One of the things I like about KFC is that depending on what you order, the pieces are actually identifiable as chicken (no comment the hormone stories). Yep, looks like a wing to me! 

On first bite, I was mildly disappointed. While it was fried and it was chicken, it didn't taste particularly hot. I then thought to myself, *well wicked wings in Australia don't really taste hot either.* And so, my disappointment dissipated as I enjoyed the crispy deep fried batter with the occasional pseudo chili tang. 

1 comment:

Pooey said...

KFC in Oz has bags too (I think).

Wings in Australia are also bigger than UK ones.