Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Skeletons and schnitzels

I felt it was time to do a few more touristy things in the city and I discovered that the Palaeontologische Museum Muenchen was having a (free) first Sunday of the Month open day. It's no Natural History Museum but I was duly impressed by the various fossils and skeletons they had on display.



Mammoth skeleton. 
(I'm having problems with the picture uploading)

Ancient moose!


Triceratops skull!

Overview of the place.
It's a really cool building too.

Whitebait!

More fishies!


Chris, who'd agreed to be my companion for this nerdiness, had a massive hangover (this IS Bavaria) so we ended up walking over to Glockenbachviertel where a hankering for crumbed and fried goods duly satisfied  his desire for fatty stuff and my willingness to eat anything.


Butter-fried pork schnitzel.

We also got a side of fried camembert!

Mmmmmmm....


For the Paleontology Museum, go here (site is entirely in German)
I can't remember the name of the schnitzel place but I'll link it as soon as I do!

1 comment:

Pooey said...

Oh I have that prob uploading pics too sometimes. Just rotate the pic 90 degrees the other way using picture manager and then upload it again. It's annoying but somewhere in a forum I read it's a problem related to Canon cameras and google.