Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fatwoman 1 Mallymoodle 0

I'm not a particularly large person and in Germany, I'm even smaller than normal! In fact, Juliane once said to me, "Wow, when you're not wearing heels, you're REALLY SHORT!!!" Hehehe. A plus of this is that when I need to do things like dodge through Oktoberfest crowds, or cram myself onto the u-bahn, my small size comes in handy. This backfired on me the other day.


I was sitting on the bus, taking up my small amount of space and reading my Kindle when all of a sudden I felt a "whoosh!" and was pushed up against the glass of the window and lost the ability to move sideways. While I was distracted, someone of the larger persuasion chose to take advantage of the fact I was taking up less than my allocated public transport space! And then to add insult to crushing, I had to get off earlier than they all the did to allow me to get past them was a cursory angling of her legs into the aisle! I believe I made a small lapdog-like shrieking sound as I pulled my coat out from under her mass. Lesson to self - always keep an eye out in future. 


This post is inspired by KH's immortal entries because when it happened, I was reminded of his own experience.  

No comments: