Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Gym!!!

During the excesses of die Wiesn, I decided that all those litres of beer and half chickens were making me tubby. While I could try counting on the hard Winter knocking the kilos off me like it did last year, I decided it was probably time I went back to the gym properly.


Part of my resistance to joining the gym was the fact that this country seems to only have rolling one year contracts that have to be cancelled 3 months before the end of the year otherwise they roll it for another year. Not happy, Jan! But ah well, I can suck it up because I'll know if I'll be staying here for another year hopefully 3 months before I leave. But now I have joined and it's a question of how to integrate it into my life multiple times a week.


Unlike the old one, there are no classes and no pool (dammit), but they do have Concept 2 Rowers and lots of different weight machines! And best of all, it appears to be fully stocked with lots of hot guys who get a bit stroppy when I kick them off the assisted chin up machine! Viel Spass!

2 comments:

SuBoo said...

No classes is hard.

mallymoodle said...

It's not so hard - I just set myself targets like rowing 2km in less than 10min or hitting a certain calorie count in x minutes