Thursday, January 05, 2012

Destinations 2012

I've been thinking more about taking advantage of my location and travelling around more to locations that I haven't already frequented. I should probably visit more of Eastern Europe (well, any part of Eastern Europe). So, here's a list of destinations I'd like to try and hit in 2012.


Vienna
Prague
Krakow
Warsaw
Florence, Rome, or Milan
Valencia, Madrid, or Marbella
Copenhagen
Dresden
Frankfurt or Koeln
Lyon


Clearly, I will not be able to go to all of these places. I mean, I've got to work at some point :P Any other recommendations?

2 comments:

Pooey said...

Vienna - good for music/opera buffs. Feels like Munch.
Prague - yeah it's ok
Krakow - Must do especially for the WWII history
Warsaw - no idea, heard there is not much to see
Florence, Rome - you've been there so low priority
Milan - have to book The Last Supper months (?) in advance
Valencia - sweet little town if just to see the architecture on the coast. A weekend is enough though.
Madrid - can't remember much about this place. Do Barcelona in preference.
Marbella - never been
Copenhagen - boring
Dresden, Frankfurt, Koeln - never been. What is there?
Lyon - never been, heard it looks naice

Consider also:
Budapest
Barcelona (or have you been there?)
Bordeaux wine region (but I have to come too!! Want to go on wine tours!)
French riviera - Cannes, Monaco etc
Istanbul (in a group that includes males though)
Marrakech (again in a group that includes males.. actually maybe not.. political instability nearby)

The Pom said...

Krakow is great, go to Wielizka whilst there as it is fabulous, and if you want there are the camps to see too. From what my Poilsh friends say Warsaw isn't really worth it. Too much was destroyed in the war and its an industrial city now.