Monday, January 02, 2012

Finally! The Big Roesti!

A month ago, I asked your opinion and received overwhelming advice suggesting that I eat the Big Roesti burger, part of a promotion of German-style burgers. The reason why it's taken me a month to get one is due in part to either not being in Germany and also getting swept up in the eating of special Christmas-specific foods! I think we were watching TV and an advertisement for the burgers came up and I mentioned to Jul that I hadn't eaten the Big Roesti yet. She said I needed to hurry up because the promotion was ending soon! :O :O :O I had to hurry and so got one this past weekend!

Well the cheese isn't well roasted but it looks pretty much like the promo pic. 

Mmm, check out the potato rosti inside.

NOM NOM NOM

The burger had a distinct smokey flavour, which I'm guessing is a result of them using bacon in the burger instead of that weird round bacon such as the type that's in egg and bacon McMuffins (come to think of it, I haven't eaten Maccas breakfast here yet....). But the real impression I got after finishing the burger? I was really damn full! A great big slab of carbs in your burger will do that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think they probably also use chemicals for the smokey flavour since I highly doubt they smoked any of the actual ingredients. Maybe I am wrong, or have seen too many documentaries about the evilness of macD's!!!