Saturday, October 21, 2006

Amusing story

Last night after drinking with the Department, I headed into the city to meet up with Darling Carmencita for Fokmeister's birthday drinks at LaLa Land. Having already sunk at few at uni and then some more at the pub, I had some more at LaLa until something evenful happened.

A friend of the bday boy bought him a shot of something (I don't remember what it was), but having been drinking all night, he clearly wasn't up to the task. Being the kind and caring gal I am, I volunteered to do the honours. I don't know what it was, but it was nasty! And in the way that only heavy spirits can, it made my mouth begin to burn and saliva production increased. I got up to go to the bathrooms to spit out the excess when I was met with a problem.

The doors to the toilets didn't have M or F signs, but instead a picture of a cat and a chicken.

Now, in hindsight, it seems obvious, but I stood there for a while trying to figure out which one represented F, and decided *Well, chicken = chicks = females* and walked in. I saw one closed door and the open cubicle had a toilet so with no urinal in sight, decided I had picked the right one.

While I was swilling, I heard someone enter and turning around was faced with a random guy. "Oh sorry, I thought this was the girls' toilet", to which he replied "Nah its the mens. It's cocks and pussies..." and then as if in recognition of what he'd just said, his expression changed to one of horror.

Laughing, I left him to recover and walked back to berate my friends for not warning me beforehand.

No comments: