Friday, October 20, 2006

Data!

I've been working, like proper working for the last few weeks because I have to give a presentation on Tuesday to the Neuro Group...and I realised that the four slides I'd allocated to *Preliminary Results* were completely blank!

So here are some pics I stuffed into my presentation
This pic here shows retina with macroglial cells labelled with the calcium-binding protein s100beta (red) and then contrasted with the location of blood vessels (IB4-FITC). The s100b...it's a really lovely antibody - always stains beautifully and clearly. The pink arrow is indicating the cell body of an astrocyte, right next to the blood vessel with its processes wrapped around the vessel wall, kind of similar to the next photo...
I must say, the day that I realised I had this photo, I both cheered and cursed. I cheered because it's a great (in my opinion) photo showing very clearly the (intimate) relationship between astrocytes and blood vessels. I cursed because the only way I could have gotten this kind of example is that I've cut the sections transversely, which means I still haven't cracked the technique.

But still, pretty pictures and proof that I work!

No comments: