Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Plea for A Product

When I was in Europe in 2004-2005, I was very hesitant to buy makeup products just in case I ended up really liking them, but never able to get them again. Eventually I broke the vow and bought things I knew I would be able to purchase again, if at a hugely inflated price. Well, except for one product.

On my second day in Paris, I realised that I really did need a specific facial cleanser because while I usually just use water here, the pollution and amount of walking we were doing meant that I could feel my skin getting icky and had nothing but soap to clean it. And so during our allocated lunch time, I went into the
Bazar Hôtel de Ville (BHV) on Rue de Rivoli and had a conversation with the shopgirl about what I wanted. I impated that because I am prone to eczéma, my peau is assez sèche and since I was australienne I needed a marque that was internationale and pas trop chère. She suggested I get the Evian Affinity Fluide Démaquillant originel because since the mixture is a crème it would be more gentle than the gels nettoyants, and at 5.50€ it was on the cheaper end of the scale as well as being a brand she was pretty sure was sold in other countries.

And she was
right on most counts - 5.50€ at the time was about $AUD9.00 and the crème mixture had a pleasant fragrance and didn't dry out my peau. In fact, it made my skin look pretty damn good. Despite warnings that taking it back home would mystically alter its chemical properties the way my mascara had gone clumpy when I flew over, I carefully packed the product into a vacuum sealed back and took it home. And it still made my skin look good! But then things came to a crisis point - despite being sparing with my usage, the bottle ran low and I found to my horror that it's not sold in Australia.

So this is a plea to my readers in overseas (if any), what's the likelihood any of you would be able to become a source for this product?

No comments: